Surgical Information Systems (SIS) has worked with a number of hospitals to make it easy to share information between SIS’ perioperative management solution – including our Anesthesia Information Management System (AIMS) – and MEDITECH’s EHR. That is good news for MEDITECH hospitals that are evaluating AIMS and/or considering replacing an outdated OR system.
Integration Points with MEDITECH
Through industry standard interfaces and discrete data integration between the MEDITECH EHR and the SIS solution, nurses and anesthesia providers have easy access to essential information.
SIS can work directly with MEDITECH to integrate the systems or use a third-party connectivity company such as Iatric Systems to set up and maintain the following interfaces:
- Scheduling data, including surgeon, date of procedure, and procedure
- Patient demographics, including allergies, height, and weight
- Patient histories, including surgical, medical, anesthesia, and medication
- Nursing Preop assessments
- Lab results
- ASA Code and NPO statuses
- Home medications and medications administered
- Last vitals taken
- I&O fluids and blood loss
- Observation results
- Professional fees and charges
- Quality extracts including - 1) Anesthesia Quality Institute (AQI) extract for benchmarking through the National Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR); and, 2 )Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) file to assist with quality measure reporting
1 "2014 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Services." January, 2015. © 2015 KLAS Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved. www.KLASresearch.com.
"SIS’ proven integration with our Meditech clinical system will help us create a comprehensive electronic record that provides access to data we need to support our revenue and outcomes goals.”
Renee Fosberg, Senior Director of Informatics Systems, Emerson Hospital, Meditech client
Meditech Anesthesia Interoperability Data Sheet
SIS works directly with Meditech to integrate systems to set up and maintain the interfaces.